9-9:30 am : Breakfast & computer sign out
- Tip of the day
- If you didn’t yet, make sure you claim your Nightly User Badge: ** https://badges.mozilla.org/en-US/badges/claim/vpvacp
More Command Line/Terminal review & new stuff ** review ls, cd, mkdir, touch, rm, mv, cat ** how to help yourself - man (cmd line), help (within a program) ** take a tour of your bashrc & setup alias for sublime editing (install subl) *** https://www.sublimetext.com/docs/3/osx_command_line.html ** set sublime as editor in gitconfig [git config core.editor subl]
- Maker Party!!! ** All the tools are at https://webmaker.org/tools
- Group Exercise: Go learn a Web Literacy skill & bring back something to teach ** https://webmaker.org/resources/literacy/weblit-Navigation
LUNCH (Perfect Pizza)
Make something webby that tells your story/why you’re here for in Ascend, use one of the tools: ** Remix an existing page: https://goggles.webmaker.org ** Create a new page: https://thimble.webmaker.org ** Make a multimedia presentation (1 min or less) https://popcorn.webmaker.org ** Add the URL for your piece to https://ascend.etherpad.mozilla.org/webmaker_day
- What was the experience of using the tool?
- Did you find any bugs???
- Blog post assignment: recap the week, include links to accounts & webmaker outcomes
- pull requests for new blog posts
- Checkout (4pm) - early (4pm) for social hour with PDX office
- Weekly stipend dispersal
Notes: We didn’t have nearly enough time to spend on blogging, and webmaker respectively. Should have sorted this week out a little more to have tighter command line/git lessons and then not do any of that on this day. Also the stipend dispersal took another 30-40 minutes after being “done” for the day.